There’s been a lot of discussion recently about town leadership and planning, especially in relation to some controversial zoning and development projects being proposed. It might be useful for some frequent A-List writers or Facebook group posters to also look around on the town website to either read the many existing town plans, or to get involved with town committees in forming future plans or decisions. Actions may not always follow existing plans closely, but it’s still informative to see what town committees or departments said they were planning when reviewing what actually happens.
Get Town Notices, Attend Meetings, Get Involved
- Town Email Subscription Lists - Sign up for a variety of announcement lists from various departments across the town.
- Town Meetings Calendar - Comprehensive calendar of town board or committee meetings all open to the public.
- Town Committee Open Seats - List of committees with open seats looking for volunteers to join.
- Request / Answer Center - Wondering where to request or ask things from the town? Here’s where to start for many common tasks.
See What Some Envision For Arlington
- Envision Arlington (homepage) - Includes multiple subcommittees involved in drafting recommendations and plans for various town areas.
- Envision Arlington Town Goals - High level goals for the town as a whole drawn up by Envision Arlington
- Envision Arlington Survey Results - Links to annual town survey response data, from 2010-2019.
- Envision Arlington Survey 2019 Results - Survey responses from 2019, including demographic comparisons of survey takers vs. residents.
Review The Master Plan For Arlington Development
- Master Plan (homepage) - Arlington’s Master plan is to be used as a guide for land use and development decisions made within Town.
- Master Plan Implementation Committee - Listing of who’s on the committee, agendas, reports to town meeting, and links to subcommittees.
- Master Plan Implementation Table - Lists specific actions and reports the committee is working on, short-term and longer term, with pointers to nearly 100 action items.
- Master Plan Implementation Committee - Report to 2019 Town Meeting -
See Housing And Zoning Plans
- Housing Plan Implementation Committee (homepage) - Group tasked with recommending zoning or other changes supporting housing.
- Arlington Housing Production Plan (2016) - In conjunction with the state, a plan for improving Arlington housing available to lower income residents.
- Design Standards for Arlington (2015) - Recommended building design standards, especially for commercial corridors.
Contact Town Planning Employees
- Planning & Community Development news listing of plan-related items. - Links to various planning meetings, articles, or surveys.
- Planning & Community Development (homepage) - Department oversees or advises on a variety of town planning activities.
Learn About Annual Community Development Block Grants
- Community Development Block Grant (homepage) - CDBG proposes funding allocations for projects for housing, living environment for lower-income residents, as well as expanded economic opportunities.
- CDBG Final 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan -
- CDBG 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan -
- 2019-2020 CDBG Annual Action Plan -
- CDBG Subcommittee Listing - Committee recommends preliminary budget of the Town’s annual Community Development Block Grant allocations for Board approval.
- CDBG Citizen Participation Plan - Ways citizens can propose or comment on Community Development Block Grant programs.
Bonus points for referencing existing planning documents when questioning current town board or department decisions!
Did I miss something? Send me updates, suggestions, or thank yous!