Need to research the candidates? Check out my election guide to all the major races.
Didn’t get your vote-by-mail ballot in time? Just prefer to vote in person for the tradition? Yes, you still can go to the polls - but if you’re in Precincts 7, 9, and 20 you will have a different polling location.
UPDATE In-person absentee ballots may be cast today and tomorrow, Thurs/Fri, from 1PM - 5PM in the town hall parking lot - wear a mask and cast your vote right there. If you applied for a mail-in ballot, but haven’t gotten it yet, the above Town elections update has important information.
If you do have a mail-in-ballot, you can drop it off (after completing it, signing it, and putting in both envelopes) in any of the town ballot drop-boxes, or by bringing them to the polls. All ballots must be in a town drop box or at the polls before 8PM on Saturday.
If you have a mail-in-ballot that is spoiled (marked incorrectly), you can do one of two things:
- Bring it to the polls Saturday and ask the warden in your precinct to mark it as spoiled, and give you a new ballot to vote in person.
- Drop it in a town ballot box, where it will be hand counted as a best effort to respect what’s on the ballot.
Where Should I Vote This Saturday?
Most people should vote at their normal polls, which are open Saturday 6-June 8AM - 8PM. For this week’s town election, polls for 7, 9, and 20 have moved due to COVID restrictions and staff availability.
- Precinct 7 now votes at Town Hall, at 730 Mass Ave. (the usual polling location for precincts 8 and 10)
- Precinct 9 now votes at Bishop School at 25 Columbia Road (Entrance on Stowecroft Road) (the usual polling location for precinct 11)
- Precinct 20 now votes at Dallin School at 85 Florence Ave. (the usual polling location for precincts 16 and 18)
The town’s Where Do I Vote In Arlington page and poll finder has been updated with these new polling locations for 7, 9, and 20, even if that page doesn’t specifically note the changes. I’ve also heard that voters in 7,9 and 20 were mailed individual postcards informing them of the polling location change. There will also be signage at the old/usual polling locations directing people to the changes for this election.
REMINDER: Always check the official town pages with more questions - while it’s not always easy to find the information there, they are the definitive source!
- Town Elections Page: https://arlingtonma.gov/elections
- Where Do I Vote Page (has map links): https://www.arlingtonma.gov/town-governance/elections-voting/where-to-vote-polling-locations
- Frequently Asked Questions about the 6-June election (PDF download): https://www.arlingtonma.gov/home/showdocument?id=51444
Reminder: Town Meeting is also be postponed until after the election.